Thursday, September 6, 2012

Success Story Emily C.

Shakeology Success




<Email Me Today For Help Changing Your Life Like Emily Did>




Emily's Inspirational Story

Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body? Before I started this program I was disgusted by the person in the mirror each day. I was tired all the time and though I kept telling myself I wanted to eat better and workout, I told myself I simply didn't have enough time for that. I'm a full time graduate student pursuing a masters degree in Nurse Anesthesia and I am up at 4am Monday thru Friday, and don't get home until 4pm. After being at the hospital all day I come home to become single mommy of my two little girls, 6 and 3, and so finding time to wok out and still get to study and keep a clean house is quite a balancing act. I started school in January already 130 pounds, and steadily gained an addition 10 pounds by the end of May. I was mortified by my before pictures and what I had let myself get to. I couldn't let it go any further, and decided to change my life.
What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey? I had always been in great shape in high school, doing cheerleading, dance, and working out. But when I found out I was going to be having a baby right before my high school graduation, my life changed forever. I had my beautiful little girl during mid-terms week my first semester of college, and struggled to lose the baby weight. After she was a year old I was only about 5 pounds away from my goal (pre-pregnancy) weight. I got married, had another little girl, finished my bachelors in nursing, and went to work in a high acuity ICU at a Trauma center with plenty of stress. I never really lost the weight after my 2nd baby, and was now 10 pounds over my goal weight. I started grad school in January and got sized for scrubs that I thought would be comfortably baggy. Ten pounds later, by May, I realized I could barely squeeze into my scrub pants anymore and said to myself, "Enough is Enough!" I decided to take control of my life and my body with P90X, and I'm so glad that I did!
Why did you choose the particular program? I saw the infomercials about P90X and thought, there is no way those are real people. I decided to check it out for myself and found countless success stories from people just like me. I thought I was probably way too out of shape to do it, but figured he kept saying just to do your best and forget the rest. I also kept seeing all of this great stuff about Shakeology and thought, maybe it will work for me. So I purchased both and decided to commit. So I showed up on day one, and two, and three, and I could barely walk the first two weeks. But all of a sudden I had energy again. I could climb the stairs at the hospital and not get winded. I could keep up with my babies and not have to get a chair while they ran and played. I was slowly getting my life back. I was happy again, and over 90 days I watched the person in the mirror become the girl I thought I had lost so many years ago. By 120 days I was in better shape than I have ever been, including in high school!
What in particular did you like about the program you chose? I love P90X because it grows with me. In Phase 1, I could barely do the easiest moves in the routines and had to use the lightest weights I had. But each routine gives you so many options with each move, that as my balance, strength, and coordination improved I could increase the difficulty, reps, and weights for each exercise. By Phase 3, I was forcing myself to do the hardest moves in each routine while continuing with maximum reps. I still challenge myself with them in my second round of P90X, and continually evaluate my progress to see where I can push myself a little harder and grow a little more. Whether day 1 or day 90, it's always about showing up, pushing play, and just giving it your best. Except with P90X, my best just keeps getting better as the days go by.
Tell us about the greatest challenge you faced. How did you overcome that challenge? I really struggled with breaking the 10 pounds of weight loss mark. I steadily lost weigh the first four weeks or so, and then all of a sudden my weight stayed the same for almost 3 weeks. My measurements improved a little, and my body fat decreased slightly, but it was like my body got to the weight it was used to and decided to fight me back. I really struggled with that, because I was eating right, working out as hard as I could, being dedicated and not seeing the results I wanted as fast as I wanted drove me crazy. I almost gave up, but decided to get on the message boards and see if anyone else had dealt with this same thing. I found a thread of people that started the same time as me, and they really encouraged me to stick it out. Within that week I had dropped 2 more pounds and was suddenly into the 120's for the first time in years.
Describe the results you achieved with your Beachbody® program. What achievements are you proud of? When I set my goals at the start of the 90 days, I set what I called "Stupid Goals," which is terrible in hindsight. They were so "unattainable" in my mind, that I actually thought, if I got within 5 pounds or anywhere remotely close to them that I could be satisfied. By the end of one round of P90X with the addition of Shakeology every morning, I had surpassed some of my goals and met the others. My goal for body fat was to get from 28.6% to 22%, which was supposedly the lowest end of normal for my age group. I am now down to 12.9% body fat by day 120! I lost a total of 34 inches from my body and 30 pounds. My goal weight was 120, and I am down to 110, I have not only SUCCEEDED but TRANSCENDED my impossible goals. Those scrub pants I called "sausage pants" on day 1 are now baggy and need to be taken it. Size 10 to a size 0 in 120 days is completely incredible in my book! I have not worn a size 0 in my life, even when I was in great athletic shape as a teenager! 




<<Email Me Today For Help Changing Your Life Like Emily Did>>

No comments:

Post a Comment