Thursday, September 6, 2012

Success Story Lisa J.

Shakeology Results



<<<Email Me Today For Help Changing Your Life Like Lisa Did>>> 
 
Lisa's Inspirational Story
Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body? I have always been athletic and involved in sports my whole life. I never felt as though I was ever the most "in shape" person on my teams but I worked hard. For the most part, I felt like I think most girls do growing up, confident in myself but not necessarily in my body. This got much worse when, after college, I stopped playing soccer. I continued to eat as though I had two practices a day to fuel up for but didn't actively exercise. My attitude towards food was incredibly unhealthy and had always been reinforced to me as "comfort". 'Had a bad day? Let's get some ice cream, you'll feel better. Still upset about that argument we had? Let's order chinese food, then we'll feel better.' Food was my source of escape from a life I had come to recognize as not my own. I would consume several thousand calories a day to maintain my escape from reality and ate my way up to around 200 lbs. I was incredibly depressed, lost, unhappy, and flat out sick and I didn't even know it. 

What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey? My father was suddenly diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer and shortly thereafter passed away. I felt as though I needed to be "the rock" for my family and pushed my own grief, confusion, and unhappiness aside and kept it tightly bottled up with food. I ate and ate and ate until I quite literally could not eat any more. I woke up one morning in January of this year with an extreme pain in my jaw and found that I had a giant, softball size lump swelling on my jaw and neck. I immediately went to the ER and was told that due to type of severe pain I was experiencing, that I was a female, and "was in the type of physical shape" I was in, their first fear and assumption was that I had had a heart attack. I thought, "who are you talking to? Couldn't be me. I'm 22 years old! I didn't have a heart attack!" This terrified me to the bone. After finally diagnosing me with a very severe infection and scheduling me to be hospitalized for several surgeries, I knew things had to change. 

Why did you choose the particular program? I had ordered P90X earlier and used it briefly to help me stay in off-season shape for my college soccer team but never completed the full 90 day rotation. I was familiar with the Beachbody community and knew that if I wanted to get out of the terrible place I was in, I needed something that was real and that worked. I knew that Beachbody had the tools for a real answer and wasn't just a gimmick. I knew P90X worked so I got it back out once I was released from the hospital and got to work. After completing all 90 days, losing 52 lbs and 28% body fat, I wanted more! I was hooked on the functional, sports specific idea behind Asylum and ordered it right away. Completed 30 days, lost 9 lbs and 4% body fat, and increased my speed and strength in all areas! 

What in particular did you like about the program you chose? I liked how easily modifiable P90X was to my needs. All the way from starting out not being able to do very much and just trying to complete the simple movements in each workout to trying to out jump the cast in Plyometrics by the end! P90X became my replacement for comfort food. 'Having a bad day? Go do your X workout, you'll feel better.' It didn't matter if you were feeling great or horrible, if you just showed up, pushed play, and gave it your best that day, that was enough. In Asylum, I loved how much it felt like training to play soccer again! It felt great to challenge my body in that way and I loved all of the tips and motivation Shaun T provided in every workout. I feel like along with my body learning and adapting and becoming stronger, Shaun T was also challenging my mind to grow and do the same. Loved it! 

Tell us about the greatest challenge you faced. How did you overcome that challenge? The greatest challenge I faced was having to undergo 3 further surgeries after beginning P90X. Trying to balance proper healing and recovery time to best take care of myself but also staying committed to my goal of following through and changing my life with P90X. It was very difficult. The only way I can say I overcame this, was by using Shakeology and sleeping as much as I possibly could! I wasn't allowed solid food so instead of jello and mashed potatoes, I ate Shakeology. I honestly feel as though it snapped my recovery time down to almost nothing and had me back to my normal routine in no time. If I wasn't sleeping, I was doing my workout for the day at whatever pace I could manage or sipping on Shakeology. That was it! 

Describe the results you achieved with your Beachbody® program. What achievements are you proud of? Using Shakeology and walking everyday after I was released from the hospital, I lost about 20 lbs. Once I was medically cleared to exercise, continuing to use Shakeology and completing the full P90X program, I lost a further 52 lbs, countless inches and 28% body fat. I went from larger than a size 16 to a size 4. Then after completing 30 days of Asylum, I lost 9 more lbs, 4% body fat, and now hover somewhere between a size 2 and a size 4. I am truly most proud of the fact that I feel as though I have reclaimed myself and my life. I am fulling living now and no longer feel like I need to "hide" or "escape" from my own life. I am happy, confident, and excited for each and every day. I fought to get my true self back and I won. 



<<<Email Me Today For Help Changing Your Life Like Lisa Did>>> 

No comments:

Post a Comment